Wednesday, October 13

tribe vs individual


--  Bricks  2009--

Watching as the 33rd Chilean miner emerges from the bowels of the earth, and I cannot help but to feel hope for humanity at this moment.  The fate of 33 men created a web of hope around the globe, and caused people to come together.
As I watched the rescue's progress tonight, I bounced from blog to blog looking for someone or something for me to connect with.  Found it.  Unfortunately, most of it is in a foreign language I don't know.  The title and quote combined with the mysterious subtitle make me wish I knew the language.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself...       - Nietzsche

As much as I want to take ownership of myself, tonight's rescue speaks volumes for the spirit of the tribe.

(quote credited to mysterious blog:  "my sanctuary - hep gitmek isteyipte gidemediğim o yere, hep olmak isteyipte olamadığım o kişiye...")

No comments:

Post a Comment